Wednesday 22 February 2012

My very first Japanese import and other stuff.

I rarely buy products from Ebay because of the possible chance that the product ends up a cheap counterfeit.

However on Sunday I decided to have a look on Modded Consoles and imports and this is what I eventually bought in the end.



This product is a refurbished SNES that is modified to support not only 60HZ but also the ability to play American and Japanese games! It had a paint job too with a mixture of blue and golden brown colours. It features LED which happens when you turn on the system. Speaking of which I still need to order a power supply, controller and a SNES game!!




Now this is interesting. This is considered to be my first official Japanese import, the first official US import goes to Wario Ware Twisted on Gameboy Advance I got back in 2006. Now Bare Knuckle 3 is basically the Japanese version of Streets of Rage 3. Unlike the previous 2 entries of the series, this game has some notable differences including:
Extended cutscenes,
female thugs showing a lot more skin,
Easier difficulty overall (Japanese 'Hardest' is way less challenging than American 'Normal').

Click here to find out the full comparison between Japanese's Bare Knuckle 3 and Western's Streets of Rage 3

Now this product is pretty hard to find online and I got it at a reasonable price too, it also came with this product (look at the image below).



The Honeybee adapter, this nifty accessory enables me to play my Megadrive games from Japan (Bare Knuckle 3) to be played on my European Megadrive console. It came with Bare Knuckle 3 and buying both of them individually would cost me ~£20 more.

No comments:

Post a Comment